The association was formed in 1933 by the members of the local electrical supply company, contractors, Manufacturers and wholesalers, to promote the use of electricity and do discuss matters of common interest, though this has changed over the years, but has continued flourish ever since, meeting over the winter months.
What does the Association offer its members?
- Friendship and an opportunity to network - with for those working (or have worked) in the electrical and electronic industry (and all its branches), a meeting of like minds.
- Monthly talks on topical subjects - some to do with electrical subjects and interspersed with those of a general nature, (see the history page for past programs on our web site).
- Social Activities - we have annual golf and bowls matches, a treasure hunt for the whole family and friends, Theatre visits, Visits to places of interest, Christmas meal for wives and partners and we are always open to new suggested from our members.
- Buffet (finger) - this is provided at the monthly meetings between the ordinary meeting and the talk.
- CPD Certificates - are provided on request for attendance at relevant lectures to add to your evidence continuing professional development.
- Web Site Links - space on the association's website member's page to provide a link to your own website.
- Other Organisations - the IDEA is not commercially or academically based and welcomes all, from whatever your electrical background or interest. We are a local, not national organisation such as the ECA, NICEIC, and IET, which you or your company may be members.
If you would like to know more please contact us.
You can down load a Membership application form here (pdf)
When completed this form should be forwarded, with the appropriate subscription (payable to I.D.E A.) to the:-
Hon. Secretary, Mr I Manning,
35 Ramsey Close, Ipswich. IP2 9EA
or email: email@example.com
The current membership subscription for the year April 2019 to March 2020 is as follows and this includes the finger buffet with tea or coffee, but not drinks.:
Working members: £25.00 pa
Retired members: £15.00 pa.